Although the program varies from class to class to reflect the age and interests of children and each teacher’s style, a basic philosophy remains constant throughout the Future Kids Curriculum.
As part of our “learn by playing with science” philosophy, we believe in helping each child to develop social, emotional, intellectual, creative and physical skills through literacy, mathematics, science and technology domains.
Our goal is to achieve the following objectives:
- To promote cognitive learning, oral language, literacy, scientific and mathematical development.
- To encourage and support curiosity and creativity.
- To develop problem solving abilities.
- To increase self-esteem and confidence.
- To augment the development of gross and fine motor skills.
- To promote cooperation and other pro-social behaviors.
We use “The Creative Curriculum” an innovative, research-based system that offers our early childhood educators a comprehensive collection of resources to help them build high-quality programs which reflect the “learn by playing with science” philosophy of our center.
Our hands-on approach includes a balance of child-initiated and teacher-directed activities each day. It is our goal to address the needs of every child in a way that makes learning fun and meaningful. This curriculum has been developed with the inquisitive preschooler in mind.
It encourages the development of basic skills through exciting projects. Simple experiments, hands on explorations, and free form art, are just a few of the activities that enable each child to learn about the world firsthand.